Sunday, July 19, 2009

My Little Cutie Pie

Hi beautiful sunny :),

She makes me laugh. She makes me smile. When I’m in her house’s bed, she will greet me "Good morning, Zati!!!" joyfully with her squeaking voice and she's first thing I see every time I wake up early in the morning. I like to pat her back and to sing her lullabies until she falls asleep even though I actually croak like a toad. Well, I'm not going to enter the American Idol so who cares...I never get tired (I only meet her once in a while) of listening to her mumbling with her own pidgin. "Zati, look at this... Zati look at that... This is a pwincesss miwwor! Never mind, we can twy next time... Oucchhh, it hurts, Zati..."

Months ago, she was not as chatterbox as she is currently. I still remember her limited two vocabularies when she first came here—“bedon" aka balloon and "sezuk" aka cold. I could barely decipher her weird jargons, nonetheless, now she could talk and sing the U.S. top chart songs (i.e. Poker Face and Boom Boom Pow) like pop corns popping in a pot ceaselessly when she's with her parents or when she's at home. JUST at home... Probably she's too shy when she's out. I'm clueless about where she learns all those words. She doesn't come to school and she doesn't have a lot of friends. May be they come from Barney's or other TV programs but don't tell me that she learns from her favorite mute show, Pingu. Hoho... :) Absurdity comes to my mind each time I'm wondering how she could giggle and grasp the gist of all these mute penguins' actions. After all, I'm very proud of her adroitness compared to other kids at her age. She could differentiate all alphabets, shapes and numbers fluently. She could also spell her own name out loud, A-D-A-N-I.

I treat her like my own lil' sister even though I don't have any real little ones due to our close age gaps. Back then, when I was in my "kampung" aka village, I always be the baby sitter. I don't know why. Obviously seen, it's just like a family trend to have kids at the same time, so, everyone (my aunties and sometimes my older cousins) ended up delivering their babies almost in the same month by only few days’ difference. Usually there were like four aunties from my dad's side. Did they plan for this? Haha... May be I should count other external factors as well since my dad has a biggggg family. "Orang dulu2 nie mmg semua anak ramai kot." Thus, during Eid Celebration, I was like in a party of babies (imagine if all of them cry simultaneously) and girls and boys who were slightly mature (teenagers) would be asked to take care of small cousins when their mummies were busy cooking or "rewang" in the kitchen. Heh??? Does my face have the criteria of a babysitter? heeeee... How unlucky I am. haha... I should adopt a baby one day.
J

In a nutshell, I miss my family gatherings (supremely Eid Mubarak) so much and Adani is my quick cute remedy. Definitely, I’m gonna miss her soon. Love you Dani... Mwwuahhh...

6 comments: