Sunday, July 12, 2009

Paintball or Pain-ball???

Today, I woke up at 9.30 a.m., thinking about yesterday. It was fun even though I got two bruises, one on my right thigh and the other on my right arm (almost hit my armpit heee...). I don't know who did that to me but that is so "kuang asam" since I got shot twice on my arms at the exact same minute. Playing paintball is hurtful but the satisfaction, the nerve, and the tension offered are more powerful than the instantaneous pain. BANG, BANG, BANGGGGG!!! The echoes produced were "fulamak" superbly awesome and in addition to the cool ambience-half dead shrubs, holes here and there, sandy soil, wrecked bunkers with sticky orange liquid spots due to the orange-inked bullets, barren ditches surrounding the boundaries and getting heated by the noon sun made me really feel like I was in a war somewhere in West Asia. No kidding, man... Aptly said, the major difference is just the mess that the bullets cause.

We started our journey at 11.55 a.m. precisely (as expected) but we (the girls) waited like "ngek" for an hour ++. "Janji melayu" or in direct English translation, a Malay promise, means if you promise to start something at one specific time, the event will actually start at least half an hour later... and that doesn't count other unexpected accidents or other weird dramas or tele- novellas along the journey. Such norm should be deleted in my life dictionary... haisyyy... that is one of my bad Malay cultures. Back to the paintball game, everything was perfect but I hoped that more people would join whole-heartedly--from the very A to the very Z (from the basic registration to the last explosion of the final bullet). I hoped that I would have the whole number of people in my team to be in the battlefield. The more the merrier. Is this a revenge or something??? "Yang itu kita tak tau yer"... If you've got nothing to do or you want to hang out with your friends and talk about something less serious or you are "dang" bored with your life since you're stuck in the same closed suffocating teeny-weeny room for hours or weeks or months or you feel like torturing a person but you can't, this is the best sport to release your unused negative energy.

Honestly, I was quite high before the game may be due to the high sugar intake from McD's Choc Sundae. gheee... I sang like I was in a deafening live concert with my friends in the car --Lady Gaga's, Soulja Boy's and whatever craps. Owh... The best song for the day was a "rock kapak" one, "Lena Diulit Intan" by Wings. Towards the end of the evening, melancholic melodies from both Malay and English songs wrapped up our overall mood. Heh??? Why CK (my housemate) chose that genre? Hurmmm... more or less to relish the sadness of the beautiful sunset... huhuhu... The jovial pretty day was over. Nonetheless, it's not the same scenario to me. It's only a month or less to devour the happiness together with my seniors and yesterday's victory of Red Team (5-0) has only become a piece of history.

No comments:

Post a Comment